Funding Criteria for Evaluating Budget Requests
- Number of participants and student demand
- Cost per participant
- Accessibility for new members and beginners
- Necessity to group
- Degree of benefit the event or club provides to the campus community
- Whether the club or event is free, open, and inclusive
- Whether the group is underrepresented
- Relevance of event or activity to the student group's mission
We Do NOT Fund:
- Retroactive requests. If you already spent the money, we can't fund you.
- Food. We may fund up to $200 for food if it is related to the cultural purpose of an event.
- Budgets that are for general, unspecified purposes. You must know what you are spending the money on before you request it.
- Illegal or controlled substances, such as alcohol.
- Student workers.
- Attendance to conferences that solely benefit participants (i.e. through networking).
- Gifts or gift cards.
- Items that students keep for personal use (e.g. dildos, personalized shirts, prizes, etc.).
- Activities that occur over breaks. Some exceptions may be made for this rule - ask us.
These criteria are informal. Read the SBC bylaws for full details on what we do and do not fund.